Relic Hunters Guild
from Jeff’s Gameblog
1. What is the deal with my cleric’s religion?
You tell me. (If we get a cleric, anyway.)
2. Where can we go to buy standard equipment?
Guild quartermaster in between delves.
3. Where can we go to get platemail custom fitted for this monster I just befriended?
“Monster” – “befriended” – LOL.
4. Who is the mightiest wizard in the land?
Any of the Council of Five could make a claim. Certainly it’s one of them.
5. Who is the greatest warrior in the land?
The head of Lord Ventner’s personal bodyguard, Gruldrala Brickfoot. She has spent years honing her axedwarfship.
6. Who is the richest person in the land?
If you answered “Lord Ventner”, you’d be close – but wrong. The Graveltoes banking clan keep it quiet but their wealth exceeds many other noble families’, combined.
8. Where can we go to get cures for the following conditions: poison, disease, curse, level drain, lycanthropy, polymorph, alignment change, death, undeath?
The Ahaedana can help with many of these.
9. Is there a magic guild my MU belongs to or that I can join in order to get more spells?
The Relic Hunters Guild has an entire Department of Magi.
10. Where can I find an alchemist, sage or other expert NPC?
If none of our magi can help you out, we can refer you to one of our contacts in the service of the Council.
11. Where can I hire mercenaries?
Retainers of all sorts can be contracted through the guild for a nominal fee.
12. Is there any place on the map where swords are illegal, magic is outlawed or any other notable hassles from Johnny Law?
Not currently, although I wouldn’t recommend marching into Lord Ventner’s council chambers carrying weapons.
13. Which way to the nearest tavern?
The Winking Guard is across the street from the guild and is a popular watering hole for our members.
14. What monsters are terrorizing the countryside sufficiently that if I kill them I will become famous?
A green dragon known as Keleth “Eater of Sheep” has made its lair at Forbidden Hill. And hill giants roam the land west of the Emerald Spray.
15. Are there any wars brewing I could go fight?
The Relic Hunters Guild maintains a policy of strict neutrality, and Hurren enjoys a relatively peaceful existence thanks to the respect (or fear) most have of the Council of Five.
16. How about gladiatorial arenas complete with hard-won glory and fabulous cash prizes?
Many days’ journey to the north lies the barbarian land of Merkigil, where skill in individual combat thrills crowds and earns gold.
17. Are there any secret societies with sinister agendas I could join and/or fight?
Have you looked around the building you’re in?
18. What is there to eat around here?
Mutton. Lots of mutton.
19. Any legendary lost treasures I could be looking for?
If you’re not, you should probably just resign from the guild now. In addition to the treasures rumored to lie beneath the Crypt of Saint Cuthbert, the ancient dwarven mines of Ker Daral to the east of Scarwood Hold certainly hide gems beyond your imagination.
20. Where is the nearest dragon or other monster with Type H treasure?
See the mention of Keleth above.